USA: TEXAS - DESERT BIGHORN SHEEP
7 DAYS - $75,000
With 100,000+ exclusive, private acres of prime habitat, here’s a perfect opportunity to find a big, wild, free-ranging B&C class Desert Bighorn ram in the lower 48! Rams must be 10+ years old to be legal & no draw or lottery required!
Trophy Desert Bighorn Hunts: 7+ full days – 1x2 guided – x1 Desert Bighorn – Nov. - Sept. = $75,000
- Comfortable ranch-house lodge
- All Tex-Mex meals during hunt
- Texas Desert Bighorn Permit
- Fees for x1 trophy Bighorn ram
- NO Size Restrictions
- 1x2 guiding w. outfitter & guide
- Extra days at no cost if needed
- All ground transport during hunt
- Custom Gunwerks rifle & ammo
- Full cape processing & freezing
- Delivery to local taxidermist
- Travel to destination city
- Airport shuttles (rental needed)
- Any pre/post hunt meals or hotels
- Texas Desert Bighorn license $350
- Trophy fees for additional animals
- Gratuities to guide or staff
- Alcohol (if desired)
- Taxidermy costs & trophy export
- Side ventures/Sightseeing/Tourism
- Personal purchases/Souvenirs etc.
UPGRADES & EXTRAS
- Extra hunting days:
No Charge if needed
- Non-hunting observer days:
- Custom Rifle Rental:
No charge – included if desired
- Texas Desert Bighorn Sheep Permit:
- Texas Non-resident sheep license:
- Texas Non-resident Exotic Licenses:
Approx. $50 purchased online
Trophy Fees for Additional Game;
- Trophy Aoudad:
$5000 - No size restrictions
$550 each – max x2/hunter
- Texas Desert Mule Deer:
$8500 – case by case basis. Not always possible.
Originally transplanted with both Nelsoni and Mexi-cali Desert bighorns, and these genetics are still very prevalent in our hunting areas. Wild, free-ranging, non-draw Desert Bighorn Sheep in the Chihuahuan desert of Southwest Texas. NO Governors tag, draws, applications, raffles or lotteries required!
Limited number of landowner tags (approx. 12) are annually available in Texas, and our outfitter is allocated 1-3 tags annually. Once landowner tags are filled, supplemental permits can be instantly issued for other desert bighorns provided rams are confirmed to be 10+ years old, providing an incredible opportunity for hunters to pursue Boone & Crocket class free-ranging desert bighorns on short notice without ever leaving the continental US.
Our hunters have experienced 100% opportunity and success rates, with typical rams scoring 165-175 B&C points. Hunts are 7+ days, or until the hunter is successful, but most often the target ram is down within 1-3 days. With exclusive permission on 100,000+ private acres bordering National parks, sheep populations are healthy and heavily pre-scouted.
This package is perfect for hunters wishing to drive from home, or unable/unwilling to travel to Mexico. For US hunters, hurdles such as draw odds, border crossings, firearm or CITES permits, trophy shipping and brokering are things of the past! Just a simple inspection of the ram by Texas Parks & Wildlife is required at the end of the hunt.
Two guides accompany each hunter and a custom Gunwerks rifle is also available at no charge upon request. With long seasons typically spanning from November to September. There is no need to overlap hunters, or run hunts back-to-back. Combo options for species Aoudad and Javelina is also possible. Private hacienda style lodge & authentic Tex-Mex mesquite coal cuisine!
Available Upon Request
Have Any Questions?
JOIN THE TAIGA MAILING LIST
All pricing in $USD. Information and pricing are subject to change without notice.